Nov 17 2004

Hello again.

Published by at 9:34 pm under Gaming,Introspection,Wedding

No, I didn’t die.  And no, the ladies at my wedding shower didn’t kill me.  I survived quite nicely.  Actually, I’m not sure why I haven’t been writing.  I keep meaning to, especially since I really do want a “chronicle” of the days leading up to the wedding.  It’s just that I’m having a hard time getting words out right now.

Let’s see, it’s been twelve freaking days since I last wrote something.  That’s ungodly.  Let’s start with the wedding stuff first.


The shower went well, I thought.  I felt kind of badly because I didn’t have time to go around and spend time with everyone there, but I did try to at least greet and say goodbye to all of them.  We ended up getting a TON of stuff just from the shower, so I had to have Vicki’s boyfriend help me pack my car.  Apparently he’s an expert packer.  I managed to get my thank-yous written and mailed this week, so they should arrive before the wedding.  Then I get to do it all again.

I got my dress back, and despite my fears, it looks great.  It fits wonderfully – and I can’t tell you how strange it was to put this dress on and have it FIT.  I’ve had my wedding dress for two or three years now, and I had to buy it way too big, because it was on clearance, and they only had BIG or TEENY.  But when I went to the seamstress last week, put the dress on, and it FIT, I was so amazed.  I mean, that’s why I took it there in the first place, but it just seemed weird.  The seamstress also added a bustle.  The dress has a small train, and there was no way to pick the train up for the majority of the night.  Weird.  So, she added some hooks and loops and now I can hook my train up – or rather, other people can hook it up for me.

My veil is still steaming away in the bathroom, not because it needs more steam, but because it is currently hanging five feet off the ground, which means it is remaining wrinkle-free and safe from my cats, who would LOVE to sink their claws into some nice tulle.

Now that it’s getting close to the wedding, all of the vendors are contacting me to solidify the details.  We’ve met with the coordinator at the hotel, I’m going to the florist’s today, and we’re meeting with the photographer tomorrow.  The one that hasn’t contacted me – and that I’m kind of nervous about – is the DJ.  He’s doing the ceremony music as well as the reception, so I really hope that he doesn’t have questions about the schedule I sent him.  I’m going to e-mail him today asking if he needs directions to the hotel or anything, and I guess I’ll ask him then if he has any questions.

I have to pick the programs up today as well.  It’s going to be a “run around” kind of lunch hour, I can already tell.  I freaking HOPE they ran the programs off correctly and nothing went wrong there.

What’s left?  I have to buy the garland and stuff to decorate the arch.  I think that’s it.  I HOPE that’s it.

One reason I’ll be glad when I don’t have to think about the wedding anymore is my e-mail.  I use a program called Mailwasher, and I’m not deleteing any of my e-mail from the queue because I need them both at work and at home.  Thus, my e-mail program is full of stuff that I have to wade through to find my new messages.


So. . . EQ2 is out.  That, more than anything, is the REAL reason I haven’t written anything for twelve days.  EQ1 was like computerized crackrock, and EQ2 is worse.  What’s worse than crack?  Smack?

Anyway, I’m really pleased with this game.  At first I wasn’t too sure I would like it as much as I liked EQ1, but I do.  If anyone is playing on the Antonia Bayle server, you can find me under the name Tilessa.  Just be aware, I am a role-player, so I’m not necessarily going to be nice to you.


Way back when, probably three weeks ago now, I left my coat at my mom’s house, which means I’ve been wearing my other winter coats to work – the Carhartt, the ski jacket, and the motorcycle jacket.

I don’t ride motorcycles.  Anymore.  Actually, I’ve never driven a bike, but I used to ride with my dad when I was a wee thing, and I liked it.  I’ve wanted a motorcycle jacket since I was little, because all my dad’s friends had them and they looked BOSS.  Or MONEY.  Or whatever the new slang is for “cool”.  Anyway, when I was 16 I bought my own, and I still love it.  I don’t wear it often, because it’s heavy and fitted and I need to wear a relatively thin shirt so it fits correctly.  But I wore it to work one day this week.  I got the strangest comment from someone walking by my desk.  I had my coat slung over the back of my chair, as usual, and this guy walked by and said “Are you going for a new identity or something?”  I had no idea what he meant, but he went on to say something along the lines of he saw the jacket and wondered if I was trying to toughen up or if I had colors on the back of it.  I basically just smiled him off, but it bothered me.  Most of the people I work with have no idea who I really am or what I’m really like.  They have no call to make comments about a “new identity”, because most of them have never seen my real one.

Comments Off

Comments are closed at this time.